Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cabin Fever

It has been a few days since posting to the blog as I was out of town, up at our cabin up north. We are renovating inside and out, and I was there to meet the tile people. Replacing horrid laminate flooring with ceramic tiles...looks great! This is important to the blog. You may not think so, but hey, it's my blog, not yours :-) To Note: This was the longest period of time I have been separated from Bella. (I know, I know, I sound pathetic, but c'mon, she is one helluva little girl...and, by your comments to the blog, you all agree ;-)

It was proposed, (by whom, shall remain nameless) that I needed this as a relax a bit and not have to concern myself with taking care of everybody. After all, I was still a little flu buggy. We found the most amazing new babysitter. (Ya know, we don't leave the little one with just "anyone.") She is a retired teacher, (32 years with the little buggers)...lives in our community, (two blocks away)...rides her bike to our home...LOVES kids, and frankly, Bella took to her right away! She is the kindest, sweetest, most compassionate person we have trusted with our little one *..and are very comfortable leaving Bella with her. *(besides Cousin Niecey, who is the ultimate Bella Buddy).

Anyway, my partner had to work, therefore, the most feasible candidate for the job to head up north, was me. We arranged the sitter, and I left late afternoon. When I arrived at the cabin, which is about a 1.5 hour drive, it was FRIKKIN COLD! hey, for me, 20 degrees is COOOOOOLD! I got out of the car and BAMM, the wind was hitting hard... So imagine, it is 20 degrees outside, and the wind makes it feel like 4. Never understood that wind chill factor thing...all I know was, it was DAMN COLD! I practically ran into the front door, fumbling with the key...get inside and WOW, it is a whopping 45 degrees...INSIDE!

Blah Blah Blah...(making a long story short)...took until 11am the next day, to get the cabin warmed to 52...I felt better by the morning, but not great...the workers arrived, done by 3pm...tile looks amazing, and I was still fighting this damn cold. Figured it was better to be away from Bella while I dealt with this bug...even in in sub-arctic temperatures...

Being the longest time away from the little was tough...I thought about her constantly...wondering if she was OK, having fun, eating, missing me? Wondering is she was gonna climb the steps and fall down...walk into the arm of the chair again...? Missing me? Every time I laid my head down to sleep, I closed my eyes and thought of Bella...was she sleeping? running around? being a good girl? Missing me?

Did I mention I wondered if she was missing me?

Upon my return, it was obvious she had missed me, :-), running up and hugging my legs...back to running around the house. The sitter had written down milestones from Bella while I was gone...(Yeah, milestones, even a 1.5 year old can do amazing things in two days)! She was saying several new words and ate like a horse.

So, I really never had anything to worry about...but those of you who know me, know that is not gonna change...I will be heading back up the cabin for yet, another couple of days...wish me luck...I worry, I think, therefore I am...

3 BellaBuddies left comments! Ya know ya wanna!!:

Winter said...

You know, unfortunately for our rest and relaxation as individuals, you don't stop worrying about them. Even with Annicka at 18 I will sit there and wonder if she's okay when she's out. Did something happen at Knott's? Why didn't she call to check in? Who are they getting a ride with? You get used to that worry being a part of you though and it gets easier to live your life as an individual as well as a parent. Luv ya dude. Don't forget to change my blog addy. LOL

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for the kind words--I love your blog-BELLA IS ONE LUCKY LITTLE GIRL.

Anonymous said...

she is a cute littl girl and i know you'll be a great daddy so ceep up the good work


About Me

My Photo
Click "Our Story" below for more...
View my complete profile