Followers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Halloween Redux



Who knew our little one was frugal? With all the toys floating around, the cool clothes and perfume! And lest we forget the shoes. Gotta have the shoes that match.




However, this Halloween, Bella surprised us by saving her Daddy & Papa over $100 bucks!




True True!






We were trying to get a head start on Halloween this year, being that it will be her first time heading door to door. We have been pumping her up, teaching her the do's and dont's of trick or treating: "Ring the bell, or knock - say "TRICK OR TREAT"...then run like crazy! KIDDING! We all know the score for Halloween.




Since Bella was 1 , she has thoroughly enjoyed being the one to give out the candy. We have pretty much held back on her experiencing the sweet shops of lore, instead, "treating" her with sugar free ice creams, yogurt, fruits and fun veggies, and the like. She has been cool about it...until now.




She KNOWS what those commercials on TV are all about now...SHE KNOWS!! And she never lets us forget it. Being the Little Miss Chatterley that she is, she constantly, and incessantly, talks. (Another post soon, I promise)




So, this year, we decided, since we are moving soon to a cool new neighborhood, now is the time.


Anyhoo, back to "The Savings!"




We were recently looking through pictures of Halloweens past, Bella and I, when she remembered she had wings in the closet. We had previously chosen a Queen of Hearts costume. (Think Alice in Wonderland, the original) and it was in an online catalog for just about $100. You know the type: Costume Only, crown extra. Etc... So, it would have been approximately $150.00 when all the accoutrement were purchased.




Looking at the pictures, a bell went off in her head!!




"Daddy, where are my wings, I want my wings. The wings make me fly, I want my Wings. Can you find them Daddy? I want to wear them, Daddy. Please, oh please, Daddy, I want my wings!"....OK OK You get the idea.




Daddy found the wings.




And, I recalled storing the rest of the costume as well...close by. (Kudos to Daddy)
So I dug out the personalized matching treat bag, the tutu, the wand, the head band etc... We even had super awesome new pink shoes, with a large pink rhinestone on the toe, that work out perfectly! (not pictured)...Bella was so eager to try it on...and lo and behold, the damn thing fit. PERFECTLY!




To make a long story short, and to confirm the savings, Bella exclaimed: "Daddy, THIS is what I want to wear for Halloween! This one, oh please Daddy, may I wear this one for Halloween. Daddy, I want to be the Butterfly! Please, Please, Please"?




SIGH: who could say no? Especially to a $150 Savings!




Here is the costume, (cell phone pic - sorry) in (almost) all of it's glory. I remembered she outgrew the top that came with it (long gone now), so we will be shopping for just the right one, soon.




SIGH #2: I love this little girl!




Enjoy! - More posts coming soon: BELLA GOES TO SCHOOL! Restoration Pics. Bella's New Bedroom. Bella's new Drama Room...all coming soon....I PROMISE. There has been so much going on, that the blog has suffered. No more...I PROMISE!




7 BellaBuddies left comments! Ya know ya wanna!!:

Sarah said...

I wanna come trick or treating too! So cute!

Miranda said...

Soo cute! cant wait to see more! ;)

Anonymous said...

This is cute! I love her natural frugality!

Rachele

Anonymous said...

She's so darn cute! Take care. Prima

Dr. Joe said...

Grinning ear to ear...enjoy the frugality while it lasts :)

Lex Valentine said...

Wings rule. If I say so, it must be true. I AM the Queen of Halloween after all.

BTW, your frickin clock hates my normal browser and makes me use IE. *gags and chokes*

Oh, and I have a Don't Ask Don't Tell novella coming out for Veteran's Day. I'll send you a copy. The anthology is called Honorable Silence. My story is Afterburner. :)

Mrs.Lemon said...

Love the new look! I wish we could go trick or treating with you guys! Can't wait to hear more about what's been going on. No more breaks....got it? LOL.

About Me

My Photo
BellaDaddy
Click "Our Story" below for more...
View my complete profile

OutNumbered
Ciara's Ramblings and Whatnot
Dad Exchange
RMDM