Followers

Friday, July 17, 2009

Da Doo Rag Rag Rag, Da Doo Rag Rag





Recently, we bought what I thought at the time, was a really cool Doo Rag for the little one. But, for the last several weeks, she was having NONE of it. I would attempt to get her to try it on and NO GO. Uh Uh! She would run, screaming "Noooooooooo Daddy, don't wanna wear it" "Noooooooooo , Daddy, no put it on Bella's head!..." (she talks in the third person a good deal. - "Bella Want this, Bella do that", etc). For whatever reason, this little green, white and black doo rag was not something she was interested in, at all! Too Bad. I thought it was cool...but I relented. After all, Bella gets what Bella wants...or in this case, doesn't want



UNTIL LAST NIGHT! (heh heh)



I'd repeated my pleas for her to try it on, to "just wear it for a moment"..."just try it on for Daddy, or Daddy is gonna cry"and was answered with the same; "No, Daddy, no crying, Happy thoughts"...and, "leave me alone" pleas. You would swear she was channeling Garbo as she ran away from her dear old Dad..."I Vant only to be alone"!...


So, I grabbed her...(not roughly mind you), twirled her around (think this helps to shock her system into a bit of confused dizziness - only for a moment)...and quickly pulled it over her head.




Instead of running, she stopped...looked at me for a second...(yeah, only a second)...and then her eyes moved upward...Wasn't sure if she was about to faint or what...but she stood there...eyes gazing upwards...with a look on her face that said (to me at the time)..."Hmmm, what exactly IS this atop my noggin - It aint so bad".


SUCCESS!





She raised her little hands, felt the Doo Rag on her little head...stroked her hair down around her shoulders...and ran off...HAPPILY!


To PaPa!! "PAPA, Look, Bella haff a doo rag on her head".




Yeah, couldn't even stay a moment to thank Daddy for this new discovery...uh uh, hadda go tell PaPa...*SIGH*

And now, this AM, just after raising from bed...I hear: "Daddy, good morning, where's Bella's Doo Rag"?



SPECIAL NOTE:


We are preparing for our little ones 3rd B-Day Party (get your RSVP's in NOW) and I was talking with my BFF Jeanna this AM. They live far away from our home and obviously cannot attend. But, we sent an invite, as we always want our special friends to know. no matter where they are, they are still welcome, in our home, our thoughts, etc....



Jeanna's daughter, Rebecca wants to come to the party. Every time she sees Bella's pic on the invite, she exclaims..."I wanna go to that party!" I say, put her on a plane, Mom says she doesn't like to fly...so...what easier way? BellaDaddy says: " Rebecca , you are MORE than WELCOME to come to our party...get those legs a peddlin on your bike, and you just might make it in time!

Life's A Blast, eh? Maybe we should all TWIRL A BIT?







For a Happy Fatherhood Friday experience, twirl on over to DAD-BLOGS

17 BellaBuddies left comments! Ya know ya wanna!!:

Melisa Wells said...

Does she ever NOT look adorable? She could be a model. Seriously. SO CUTE!

I wish I could rock a doo rag like that.

ciara said...

she looks so cute. daddy knows his bella fashion. but typical of her to show papa hehe. she's so freakin' adorable.

SurprisedMom said...

I have to echo what Melisa said. Does Bella every not look gorgeous? I could never wear a doo rag with that much panache.
I think it's hysterical that after all you did to get her to wear the doo rag, she ran off to Papa. Doesn't it just figure? Kids are funny little creatures at times. Precious, too.

Janie Woods said...

Too funny!! I can't pull off the Doo Rag look either, I don't have the cheekbones, so good for her!! How adorable is she!!

Andrew's Daddies said...

ahh so grab, spin and confuse...I'll have to remember that LOL.
She looks sooo cute in the doo rag.
What time do you want us at her party?...it will be me, my son, my partner and his 300 filipino relatives...LOL.

Happy 3rd b'day Bella!!! You cutie patootie

PJ Mullen said...

Very cute, she probably wants to wear it all the time now. But only because it'll be her idea. Happy 3rd Birthday Bella!

MileHighDad said...

Hmmm, my son's da doo rag rag is black with yellow dragons he got while in Cancun. Bruce Lee style. Kinda scared to post a picture!

Unknown said...

Once again so adorable, I love how she talks in the 3rd person it makes her that much cuter. I cant wait for her party. I got my invitation finally it was forwarded to my new address the post office actually did something right. Give Bella a kiss from sissy!

Love ya!

Otter Thomas said...

Way to be persistent. She looks super cute. Happy 3rd birthday Bella.

Scott said...

Even though the pics scream cute and girly, I just can't help but picture her on riding a motocycle runnin' down any little boys with cooties.

The Devoted Dad said...

I love the doo rag. I'm gonna have to find dear Nugget one. Also, that is very sweet that she doesn't want daddy to cry. I also do the twirl trick. It works about 75% of the time. Happy Birthday Bella!

Gareth said...

Very funny!
We quite often have the same sort of problem with our little girl. It will take multiple attempts to get her to try something on.
And, once it's on it takes ages to get it off again!

Unknown said...

The doo rag looks tough. No one will mess with her! And Bella is very much in vogue. I saw Tyra Banks in a doo rag at my gym. Who knew it was an exercise essential?

seashore subjects said...

It is always the tenacity that wins out. And she is absolutely adorable in the doo-rag!

Jason said...

ok, that kid could sell anything LOL. Everyone else has already said it but damn you have a beautiful little girl. You're gonna be fighting the boys off with sticks LOL.

Out-Numbered said...

I have a great Doo Rag with Skulls that she would Rock hard... I'll save it for her someday...

Mrs.Lemon said...

We got the ADORABLE invite in the mail last week. Thank you for thinking of us. One of these years we will make it I PROMISE :) I cannot beleive how you captured the Lady Ga Ga pose! xoxox

About Me

My Photo
BellaDaddy
Click "Our Story" below for more...
View my complete profile

OutNumbered
Ciara's Ramblings and Whatnot
Dad Exchange
RMDM