Followers

Friday, March 20, 2009

LAZY ME



It's Fatherhood Friday, over at DAD-BLOGS, make sure and visit and read all the cool articles....




I say lazy above, however, I am really just too pooped to write much this week.




I will offer up a cool little happening here...




Recently, we had friends over for dinner who have two wonderful children. One, a special needs child, had Bella absolutely fascinated. Of course, the other was her partner in crime for playing later that evening.




But, I digress:




We were seated at the dinner table, Bella included...(she loves sitting at the "Big Girl Table". (ah geez, c'mon, it's the DINNER table) LOL! This included Daddy & Papa, the friends and their two children. Although, the one child was seated in his personal space, as he requires, he was near the edge of the table.




Anyway, I happened to glance over as he was attempting to reach for his sippy cup...he was just out of reach, fingers outstretched and just barely able to touch the cup. Bella looked over, realized his dilemma, without being prodded or encouraged by any of us, and gently slid his cup into his fingers.




Many of you may think, OK, what's the big deal. But, for me, it makes me tear up. Realizing our child is only two and a half, and yet, she already shows sign of compassion and caring for her fellow human beings.




WOW! Amazing eh?




Now, if only the rest of the world would catch up up to Bella ;-)


P.S. Also above is a recent pic of our little one. enjoying her dinner outside in our courtyard. She LOVES pasta. Of course, she also loves wearing the oddest hats :-)


16 BellaBuddies left comments! Ya know ya wanna!!:

Melisa Wells said...

Very cute.
And great that you noticed that. Too often I think that parents wait too long to emphasize the "niceties". You two obviously started early without even knowing it! :)

Andrew's Daddies said...

GREAT story. Bella sounds like a caring little girl. And look at how she goes at that pasta....

Jason said...

Her hat is adorable and far from odd. And good for her for being such a thoughtful person!

Pam said...

it's great that bella has those qualities of a polite and caring young lady.

she looks as if she's ready to garden w that hat...very cute :)

Otter Thomas said...

She is doing a good job with the pasta. I usually end up wearing a lot more than that.

Mrs.Lemon said...

so sweet

Anonymous said...

It's those small things that make us Dads proud!

Joeprah said...

I am with Melisa--you noticed which makes the entire event important. You know like the whole tree falling in woods. Great pic too!

KWG said...

How sweet is that? Those are moments to store in a vial and hang around daddy's neck.

Rob said...

Great pic, looks like she did a good job on the pasta.

Anonymous said...

That looks like some good pasta. I need to get the recipe.

Isabella said...

Aww...how awesome. Isn't it amazing how many teary-eyed moments we have as parents? And here I thought I was a sap before...

Great hat! I think I have one just like it. :)

(F)redddy said...

Just shows that compassion and tolerance is a natural behavior.

WeaselMomma said...

That is beyond sweet and heartwarming! What a wonderful little girl. That was a great post. BTW, I love your signature.

Unknown said...

She is pretty much amazing!!! I love that pic of her too, adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - and just where does she get those hats? :)

About Me

My Photo
BellaDaddy
Click "Our Story" below for more...
View my complete profile

OutNumbered
Ciara's Ramblings and Whatnot
Dad Exchange
RMDM