Followers

Friday, March 6, 2009

Do These Pants Make Me Look...





YOUNG?

Huh?, you may ask, how can a pair of pants define age?....well, glad you asked. Allow me to explain; It is Fatherhood Friday over at Dad-blogs today, and we are to submit our Friday Entries...so, make sure you head over there: Dad-Blogs.com


I am 45, most of you know this, and blah blah blah...don't tell me I look young for my age, I know better. Appreciate the attempts though.

Being a Stay At Home Dad, I have seemed to age faster than the norm. What is the norm? Hell I don't have a clue, but I do know this...I am tired. I have bags and dark circles under my eyes, may hair has the Presidential Greying...ya know 5 times as fast since taking office...my back aches when I get up from anything; the bed a chair, the sofa, the car, etc... You try carrying a 25 lb weight wherever you go, whatever you do.

Back to the pants. I love anything Ed Hardy! I like to think, maybe, just maybe, I have retained my youthful heart, my mind. I am a fashion whore, I love to buy clothes. For me, and of course, for the little one. I am proud of staying abreast of the changing times...and of course NO! I don't wear my pants around the bottom of my bottom...even I DON'T GO that far, no matter how popular the style may be, I wont, I wont, I wont!!!

You just gotta realize, and accept the fact, that we are growing old...we as in ME! And sometimes, you cannot wear what you want, regardless of how much you like it.
Put it back on the rack, Daddy.

Starting late in the baby game, and given a few years to prepare for the birth, you think you are prepared. I came to the conclusion rather quickly; NO ONE IS EVER PREPARED! I never even considered that taking care of a child 24/7 could age you faster, but it does. Not sure of the scientific data to prove or disprove, but I am sure it is out there.

So, the other day, I was wearing "THE PANTS" to our favorite hot spot, Starbucks. We have an amazing friendship with all the employees of this particular coffee place. It is local, fun and friendly. This day, Candace the Manager, and Jen were working behind the counter. We bought our usual, and Bella was her confident, smiley self. As my drink was handed to me, I had to ask...."so, do these pants make me look like an old dude, trying to look young?"

GEEZ, you should have seen the expression on Candace's face...priceless...OR NOT. I could tell she was wincing at the thought of actually having to answer my question. She was her usually polite self, saying..."UH HUH, I was just looking at those pants, they are fancy"...

You may have noticed, she didn't answer my question...not really. Then Jen came over, got the same question, and pretty much, the same reaction. They are so diplomatic!!

Dejected, hoping I would get validated, I slumped...still carrying that happy, yet stylish weight, and admitting defeat.
I will say this, as we walked out, I turned around and they were both looking at my booty. laughing. but, LOOKING ;-)
So, there was a little more spring in the step of my Cole Haan's that day!










17 BellaBuddies left comments! Ya know ya wanna!!:

WeaselMomma said...

You're too funny! Glad you got your ego boost for the day.

Mrs.Lemon said...

I don't even want to know how much you spent on those jeans.....I know just the T-shirts cost $80.00. But if you love Ed Hardy....here's a secret....Nordstom Rack or Off 5th....BUT you probably already knew that. KISSES, happy friday!

lil-deb said...

Wow You look Ghetto Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I kind of know what you are feeling. I defend my youthful wardrobe to my wife all the time. I bought some shorts I loved and she hated. She said I was almost 30 trying to dress like I was 16. . blah blah blah.

That weekend her 14 year old cousin showed up to dinner wearing the same shorts. She shot me a look that said it all. . .

BUt hey man, F it! If you think you look good rock it! That's my moto. Now which way to the young men's section?

It's Daddies. Plural. said...

Oh honey... you shouldn't have. No seriously... you shouldn't have :)

love ya!

Jason said...

OMG, that's too funny! I feel for you though. I'm still trying to stop shopping in the young mens section. No buttons on my shirts please, LOL

Unknown said...

You are to funny, all that matters is that you love them!!! :) I miss you guys!!! HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

That is funny!

I can't comment on fashion very well, I may be a gay man but I'm completely missing any interest whatsoever in clothes, fashion or decorating.

Should I turn in my gay card?

john said...

im with steven, i may have to turn in my gay card as I never even heard of ed hardy. the only thing fasion in my life is project runway, and thats just to see the queens fight...lol happy fatherhood friday

ShankRabbit said...

That's awesome! Silly diplomatic girls.

(btw. nice ass.)

:)

Joeprah said...

Should I get a gay card? Those pants are rockin' and I am no where near cool enough to pull them off. Congrats on the attempt.

Pam said...

i once asked my husband if he thought i acted young...he said, 'sometimes' i was like huh? lol i don't even have to dress the part. i'm a thick chick so i have not showed any interest in fashion since my two girls were born lol i love ed hardy but can't afford them. not sure i would want his name on my arse tho :)

btw you are totally rocking the jeans...love the 'pose' hehe :) i have seen photos of bella on your blog and i thought to myself she sure is very fashionable. :)

Mommy with a Penis said...

Okay, whenever I hold up a shirt or something in the store that Michael thinks is too young for me (I'm your age, also having starting fatherhood late)... But Michael says, "Do you hear that, "Youth wants it's shirt back."

Our fatherhood stories are eerily similar. But we went the cheaper adoption route. We fost-adopted Sebastian and then private adopted Maxie.

Andrew's Daddies said...

I'm not big on fashion..but nice butt for a 45 year old man?

It's Daddies. Plural. said...

Thought you'd wanna see this:

http://itsdaddiesplural.blogspot.com/2009/03/fatherhood-friday-foto-fiasco-ii-winner.html

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

I think I accepted my old age a LONG time ago. I now wear my old man pants up around my chest.

(F)redddy said...

Even Richard Simmons wouldn't wear those pants!

I had visions of being the octogenarian at my son's high school graduation. I'm glad I won't be alone in that!

About Me

My Photo
BellaDaddy
Click "Our Story" below for more...
View my complete profile

OutNumbered
Ciara's Ramblings and Whatnot
Dad Exchange
RMDM