Followers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

So Proud...





I was asked recently what I did for a living...and I have to say...for some reason, I hesitated...but then quickly remembered...hell, I have the most rewarding job in the world....I get to be Bella's Stay At Home Dad!





Now, I've had a good career life...and one heck of a life in entertainment as well. I have done the professional gig, more than I ever care to admit...but boy, did I have fun in life too ;-)




I was a stand up comedian...an actor (stage and film), dancer and a model. Yeah Yeah I know, you've seen the recent pics...but I really was...long before I got the wrinkles.




But now? Now, I wear those wrinkles proudly...cuz I know....these ole battle scars are for an amazing reason.





I am a stay at home dad!




I get to laugh allot. Play as much as I want. And in general, watch another human being grow before my very eyes. Knowing full well, her life is in my hands. My responsibility is to be there...always...for her. For our family.




When people comment on how cool, beautiful, smart and awesome Bella is...I take credit for it...hell, I have to...proudly!


Don't get me wrong, I am a Dad after all. There are times when I wanna crawl under a rock...disappear for awhile...and just be invisible. But, unlike previous career choices, I cant! I gotta be there...always...


And I love it ;-)










Happy Fatherhood Friday. Don't forget to check out my buds, and bud-ettes over at dad-blogs.com.

21 BellaBuddies left comments! Ya know ya wanna!!:

Out-Numbered said...

I'm jealous. I'd be happy to have just one more hour a day with my wife and kids. It's brutal.

MileHighDad said...

On the nose man, I do it as well. I live for moments but then there are the moments that set my world side ways!
Live for the now!

Pam said...

i see you are wearing the shirt that "I" was sposed to win :-/ hehe awesome pic and you've been doing a great job at being a sahd from what i can tell :)

SurprisedMom said...

The best years of my life were the seven I was a stay-at-home-mom. I'm so glad you have this time with Bella, watching her grow. It's amazing, isn't it.
Wanting to hide is natural. I think all parents look for that rock now and then.
As for your former career, I can believe it. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. What wrinkles? Those are laugh lines!

Rob said...

I wish I could stay at home with my kids especially the schedule I am on I barely see them or my wife.
Happy FF!

Melisa Wells said...

It is the *best* career, raising a great person, you know! :)

Jason said...

I couldn't agree more and am right there with ya(although all of my previous jobs have sucked and weren't nearly as interesting as yours...)

(F)redddy said...

I've been a gay-at-home dad for a few months now and have to say...it's been the greatest gig ever.

JonnyTam13 said...

Your daughter is beautiful. But I'm also jealous. I get to live your life, but only on the weekends. Keep it up!

Andrew's Daddies said...

WOW...bella dad is HOT! :)
Great pic. I would love to be a SAHD..I know I would be good with my son, but not good with scheduling housework/laundry.

Doug @ Daddy's Tired said...

It's my dream in life to be a stay at home dad...Unfortunately, I just don't think we could swing it. Great post!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

You go daddy! Shout it loud, shout it proud!!

Keith Wilcox said...

It's true. Whatever professions we used to have seem so distant now that we have something we can truly live for. We enjoy our lives in stages. We had something good, but now we've been given something better. I take credit for my kids' accomplishments too. It's a guilty pleasure :-)

Mrs.Lemon said...

As we all know being a SAHD or mom is the hardest job of them all. But I cannot wait to do it again in the future. You do SUCH an amazing job.
Love the pic, but wait.......are your sleeves rolled? ::tisk tisk:: Ha ha gotta give you some crap long distance since I'm so far... love ya!

PJ Mullen said...

I did the same thing when we were on vacation. Some of my mother in laws friends, who are very old school, asked me what I was doing these days for work. I didn't expect the question, so, I stammered a bit, then told him that my son was my job. Being a SAHD rocks.

NYCity Mama said...

Not a bad gig this stay-at-home thing...tho' the hardest (and most rewarding) job I have ever had. It's only been a year for me since I quit my other life for this one...it feels longer because so much has changed, they've grown so fast right before my eyes! Enjoy every second...and yes, be proud, she gorgeous!

WeaselMomma said...

Oh, you have so much reason to be proud of your job and how well you do it. I still want to see your stand up routine though.

Smallprint said...

Nice post.

Your career description sounds perfect for the role. Who better for the job of stay at home dad than an all singing, all dancing, actor?

The perfect playmate!

Mommy with a Penis said...

Beautiful. Simply said. And I'm stay at homing right along with you. By the way... What wrinkles?

-Justin said...

Very cool. I wish I could stay at home. Right now I have to trust my wife with that awesome responsibility! ;) Congrats!

Miranda said...

^5's you, she is so frikkin adorable, I love her lil nose. And savour being able to stay at home. If I could have I would have in a heart beat!

Lol @ wrinkles...she's not even a teen yet.

About Me

My Photo
BellaDaddy
Click "Our Story" below for more...
View my complete profile

OutNumbered
Ciara's Ramblings and Whatnot
Dad Exchange
RMDM