Followers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Don't Be a Drag, Just Be A Queen!








OK, so here it is.....

It all started because my partner and I started watching RUPAULS DRAG RACE, three seasons ago. We were hooked!....and then, eventually,. so was Bella.

Last season ( SEASON TWO) a drag queen named JUJUBEE was introduced...she, and she alone (at the time) became our instant obsession. We adored Jujubee...

She was catty, sarcastic, and yet lovable...and quite beautiful. Breathtaking in fact! We were rooting for her, all the way through, to win. Alas, she did not...but...we were certified (perhaps certifiable?) fans!

Flash Forward to the present:

About 2 months ago, I received an email announcing two of our favorite drag queens would be hosting a show here in our city. I emailed my partner, he agreed...we HAD to go. Especially since the VIP ticket offerings were for a "Meet & Greet" WITH JUJUBEE & JESSICA WILD ! We were beside ourselves when the tickets we purchased, turned out to be in FRONT ROW, CENTER!

YAY FOR US. Not only were we going to meet her, but we were going to see her...up close and personal. A little too personal for some HA! We were, literally, right upside of her skirt. And any of the other numerous performers...feet away...and just below...got some great pics though :-)

Bella was THRILLED! She knew we had to go without her, but she didn't seem to mind. (we don't get out allot without the little one, mind you) She knew she would have a fantastic time at our neighbor Tami's home...AND...

Bella asked Daddy top print out a picture of her..."so I can sign it - 'L-O-V-E B-E-L-L-A' and Daddy, you can give it to her. From ME"!


The show was great fun. Jessica Wild impressed the absolute hell out of the two of us. That chick can DANCE! Amazing, especially since she was dancing...all over the stage...in 4 inch stiletto's...DAYUM!!! BellaDaddy took 272 pics...of the show itself, and LOTS and LOTS of Jujubee and Jessica.




And then....

The time came...FINALLY....to wait in line for 45 minutes, to be rushed through, (they had to close the theatre at a certain time), to meet the coolest female impersonators...even next to RuPaul, these girls are AMAZING!!!

We get in, (rushed) hugz all around, and I leaned over and (hurriedly) told JuJuBee that we loved her and Jessica but...our almost 5 year old daughter was a HUGE fan...and handed her the pic.

JuJu looked at the pic, sighed that sweet gasp of "awwwww"...and asked: "Is this for ME"? I told her it was and she was so thankful and gracious!




Then more hugz, pictures and kisses....(all super fast and rambling on my part). Jessica Wild asked for our email address...so she can get copies of all the pics...

I think we made a few new friends!


We picked Bella up at 1AM, she had fallen asleep. The first things she says, when I wake her, in that cute little kid sleepy voice is, (along with a huge hug) :


"Daddy, I Missed You so Much"


*sigh*

3 BellaBuddies left comments! Ya know ya wanna!!:

CJ said...

RuPaul left a comment on my blog once, years and years ago. I was unbearable to live with for months.

SurprisedMom said...

A great evening topped off by an even greater daughter! What more could you ask for?

Mark said...

It seems that I have missed quite a few posts of all Bloggers in the past week. I have no excuse.
And the worst part is that I was waiting for this one, especially.
That does sound like a fun time. Way more fun that I am up to. You just wait until you get as old as me. You'll know then. But you 20 somethings are all about the "party".
That thrills me to death that Bella was in to RuPaul's show. How cool is she!
Great Post.
Your Friend, m.

About Me

My Photo
BellaDaddy
Click "Our Story" below for more...
View my complete profile

OutNumbered
Ciara's Ramblings and Whatnot
Dad Exchange
RMDM