Followers

Friday, April 4, 2008

BEWARE: G.O.B.Y.T.!!!


Yup, G.O.B.Y.T...in other words, GO BITE ME! This is an oftentimes overlooked by-product of stay at home parenting....GROWING OLD BEFORE YOUR TIME. Take a good look at the before and after pics...taken just two years apart!


OK OK, exaggerating a bit, but perhaps you get the point? Being a Stay-At-Home-Dad is FREAKING HARD! When I Posted the video of Bella's Easter Hunt, I saw myself and thought, Damn I look old! Waiting for someone to mention how old I looked, only one person did...and she hadn't' seen me in person in over 25 years! Heh Heh, I blamed it on the sun that day, and the shadows,...you be the judge!

Back to the "affliction" everyone should be concerned with: Think about it...you are responsible for not only yourself, but another little human being. Someone who wants to be entertained at all times, someone who doesn't speak English, or rather, doesn't speak a language you are versed in for the moment. A toddler has needs, 24/7 and you are the ONLY person there to make it happen. Your interaction with Adults is minimal..you drive your neighbors crazy with phone calls seeking advice...or just to ramble. You come across friends once in awhile and are so damn grateful to have an adult ear, you just talk and talk and talk...regardless of whether they are interested or not.

You rarely have time to yourself...if you catch a flu bug, fugettabout it....you don't have time to be sick! Your like an actor, always on stage....like a doctor, always concerned for fevers , scrapes, and bruises etc...and if you have pets...hell, add em to the total...seems the dogs always want attention too, even more than before Bella was born...in and out all day, more water, need to play, etc...

Down times rarely exists...if I can get the little one to nap, before I know it, I am putting toys away, doing laundry, washing dishes, dusting, vacuuming, straightening things up and DAMN, I forgot to rest! Or, when I do find the time to relax a bit, Bella decides to end her nap, and dictate my schedule once again!

Now, don't get me wrong, there is not one thing I would change about Bella, she is one super wonderful child...love her to death....but, damn, Daddy needs time too....then again, when I do get time to myself, all I do is think about Bella. :-)

I take drives in the evening, when Papa comes home from work...after getting Bella settled in to her dinner routine, all the while, feeding the dogs, making dinner for the two of us...blah blah blah, etc, etc, etc...never a dull moment...hell, rarely a Daddy Moment....when I do take my drives, it is usually to get milk, or something else the house needs, that I may have forgotten on the grocery run... Hell, I forget things all the time now...part of that GOBYT thing I am certain!Or I call family and friends on the cell, from a parking lot...especially Cousin Niecey who is so sympathetic to my needs LOL! and yeah, you guessed it, I talk about Bella mostly! Hell, during the day, I even find myself talking to myself...the scarier part is, I actually answer myself! AAAARGH!

Now, take a good look at the pics again, I have certainly grown older before my time....I love my child, but, I wish I had the looks and the energy I had way back when.....Damn, I would be more apt to run all day, and night, and still be smiling...I smile allot now, although, it is usually to get Bella to smile. Which she does quite often....Yeah, I know, I am damn lucky!
There is no real cure for GOYBT...other than accepting who you are, what your purpose is...well, that and some serious workouts, fiber and maybe, just maybe some plastic surgery :-)

P.S. In case you were wondering, the before pic was back when I was 15 :-) The after, taken a few days ago, at out friends Stacy & Jeff Lemon's Wedding. Such a beautiful wedding. Thanks to God Sister Amy for the great pic!

And of course, can't post without a recent pic of our little one:-)






5 BellaBuddies left comments! Ya know ya wanna!!:

lil-deb said...

I still think you are the sexist man alive. Okay, I know you are thinking EWWWWwwwwwwwwwwww.
But yeah I am proud to call you my Unkie David. You should see my pics of when I was one hot mamma and then now...um not soo hot.
Remember the "Rawhide" bar in SF?

We both were "flipping" hot stuff.
(Sigh) Those were the days.
I will gladly give you 2 teenage boys for a sweet sweet Bella anyday.
But as you said ..We love them and wouldnt trade but sometimes you just want to just because!

Cousin Niecey

Mrs.Lemon said...

I am so thankful that you guys could make it. It truly meant so much to Jeff and I!! You and Vince both looked wonderful. Bella is so lucky to have you guys!! Love you!

Unknown said...

I think your still very handsome!!!! But I can only imagine the toll it takes on you poor poor guy LMAO!!!!! That is a super good pic though, cuz you had a good photographer :o)!!!

See you tomorrow!!!

HUGS

Lex Valentine said...

You're still beautiful. And that pic... damn. I wasn't meaning THAT far back when I said you looked younger in my head. Heh. I was thinking the goatee days... not the Bass Akwards days. Sheesh. Not to worry about GOBYT... you're doing it slowly and gracefully. More than I can say for me. Oy. Luvs ya, MUAH!

Anonymous said...

Hey I think you are pretty HOT! Love the lil' smirk on your face...It says it all :)
LOVE LOVE LOVE your new ride!!! I might want to car-jack that thing someday.

About Me

My Photo
BellaDaddy
Click "Our Story" below for more...
View my complete profile

OutNumbered
Ciara's Ramblings and Whatnot
Dad Exchange
RMDM